MAFS conducted its 4th Diabetes workshop at the Schaumburg location. We are proud of our seniors for completing the 6 weeks workshop and taking charge of their Diabetes to live a healthy life.
These workshops, funded by Age Options, are very interactive and engaging. The workshop had 10 participants who actively participated in sharing their experiences and learning handy tools, resources, and information for managing Diabetes better along the way.
Some benefits of these classes:
- Helps to lower HbA1c levels
- Increase physical activity
- Increase confidence in managing symptoms
- Decrease pain and depression
- Less frustration or worry about health
The next workshop is scheduled at Niles location in January 2024